Friday, June 18, 2010

Google reader breakthrough!

I finally had a breakthrough with Google Reader, quite by accident initially. I've clicked on "Follow" on almost everyone's blogs I think and lo and behold, they are now coming up in Google Reader (which just in case, is a link at the top of your gmail)! I then figured out how to create folders: click on something you have subscribed to on the left and then click on feed settings (top of the feed view box). Choose new folder, name it, click ok and your item is in the folder. New folders appear on the left. OR, if you are subscribing to something new, for example I wanted to subscribe to the TED videos, click on subscribe>enter the URL or search for item>when item appears in feed view>subscribe--it will then ask you what folder you want it in! Kind of pathetic how great I feel about this! One small step...

1 comment: