Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Voicethread

Well, I have an idea, but am having problems uploading the images I want into voicethread. Hopefully I will figure it out and post it, but I'm a little (a lot!) frustrated so I'll state my plan and take a break. I want to do a voicethread on the flu, H1N1, H5N1, 1918 pandemic, as part of a unit on viruses. I already have students go to some sites regarding the 1918 flu pandemic (pbs has some great resources). I'd like to have them interpret some graphs and data asking them specific questions. I always ask them, after discussion and investigation of resources and info, whether they think a global flu pandemic will occur in the near future and how it might be similar or different than the 1918 pandemic. I think voicethread could be an interesting way to have them comment and perhaps add to the visual thread. So, I'll keep trying, and I've posted to the wiki so hopefully I'll hear some tips from everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Neat idea, Kelly! I'd love to borrow this. My human bio students often have a rough time interpreting data, and it is such an important skill to have. I've done some data obsrevations with cancer, but this might be a little easier for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Don't you think we all kind of do a bad job at that? I'm really trying to incorporate more and do some assessment on it too.

    ReplyDelete