Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ideas and time to ruminate....

I met with our Instructional Designer and have some new ideas for how to implement some of my project ideas. Because anything I do at my college must be 508 compliant it adds another layer of how do I do this? Videos have to be captioned, pages have to be accessible. For example, Glogster is definitely not compliant, but possibly voicethread....He also suggested some tools: Feedly for bookmarking, shareaholic for collaboration or projects, edistorm too. Also found this site, but haven't really looked at it yet:

http://www.feedmyapp.com/web_20_education_applications_sites

I think it will be good to unplug a little this weekend and start to create a plan for what I want to do without the distraction of playing with the tools!

I know that my voicethread isn't public, so you can't see it. Trying to figure that out, any tips? Everyone has such great ideas, though it's overwhelming it is inspiring!

2 comments:

  1. hi kc,
    the setting for public versus private access to a voicethread (VT) lives on the front screen of the VT under menu. click menu, click 'get a link to share' and if you want it to be seen with unrestricted access, check the appropriate boxes, then copy the share link into your blog posting. hope this helps!
    caryn

    ReplyDelete