Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wk 5 Tools Tagxedo


Inspired by Caryn's, here is my Tagxedo of my mid-course self reflection. It is interesting to find out which words are used the most (larger). I'm not sure what I might use this for in a pedagogical way, but students could share written exercises and then comment on the words. Could perhaps have students describe a concept or process and see what turns up, where the emphasis is. Also might be interesting to put in a Prezi. What amazes me the most is that someone actually knows how to design stuff like this!

4 comments:

  1. So, I haven't tried one of these yet. How does this work. Does it put the words in there for you automatically from a web page? I'm going to have to check this out. Not sure how this would be useful in a science classroom. I'll have to brainstorm that... more work to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same questions as gspice. It looks very artistic and unique. I'm sure there is practical application in the science classroom. I like your suggestion of having students analyze one in order to determine the emphasis. It might be cool to input the texts from 2 or more different sources or publications on the same topic and compare and contrast what come out. Maybe group your students and then have them share. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could use something like that as an artistic version of a lab abstract, just to change things up a bit.....just thinking out loud, but it might be visually pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gspice-Yes, it does load the words for you. From a piece of text that you choose. There is another site called Wordle that is a little easier to use, but isn't as sophisticated. I don't really know how I would use it, but I'm fascinated by it!

    ReplyDelete