Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wk 6 Web tools

Well, this is not my most successful week! I have a short video that I am trying to create a podcast with. I had trouble converting the video to something I could edit. Tried windows movie and Zamzar, but couldn't edit the video. Finally, opened a trial of Adobe elements. Now I'm trying to figure out editing, I've been trying to cut a small portion out but it cuts the wrong section, changes the narration....ay yi yi. I've also added a few images and want to voice over those. So, I don't have a product to show yet and maybe never will at this rate! I can upload the original video and embed it in my blog, but I've done that and now I want to be able to edit and create a complete product. I can actually have folks at school help with this, but I want to be able to do some basics myself. So, any tips? Wish me luck, if I get something slightly what I want I will share it, otherwise, lichens may remain a mystery....

On a good note, I've been collecting so much "stuff" with diigo! I love it! I'm still not very organized...aka, still not in love with Googlereader, but haven't had time to really get my feedly organized. Other good news--my college will be either updating our BB to a new version or switching to a hosted version of Moodle (any insight on which you like better?). Either one that we pick will have wikis and blogs and eportfolio functions. So, I'm really excited about that--I won't have to start completely from scratch, will be able to keep control over users, and will be able to track usage. Yay! With this in mind, I'm changing some things about my final project--probably have a classroom blog instead of individual blogs, and then have individual blogs or eportfolios once we change our CMS, or rather our LMS (Learning Management System as we are calling them now I guess instead of Course MS).

So, not all pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment